Today, we have released the SovLabs Plugin version 2019.24.0 for vRA7.x to General Availability. Below is a bullet point summary of the software release.
Property Toolkit - Approval Policies for Virtual Machines
- Please follow the following steps if currently using SovLabs Approval Policies for Virtual Machines
- Log in to vRA tenant
- Request the form Catalog > Manage Property Toolkit Approval Policies
- Action: Update
- Approval Policy Type: Service Catalog - Catalog Item Request - Virtual Machine
- Approval Policies: Select the desired Approval Policies
- Action for SovLabs Level: Update Properties
- Click Submit
- Set Vrm.DataCenter.Location by setting the following vRA Custom Property on the Machine
- Name: SovLabs_VrmDataCenterLocation
- Value: <Location Name>
- Set Reservation Policy by setting the following vRA Custom Property on the Machine
- Name: SovLabs_vRAReservationPolicy
- Value: <Reservation Policy Name>
Telnet Test Workflow
- vRealize Orchestrator > Workflows > SovLabs > vRA Utilities > Networking
- Purpose: Tests basic port connectivity for easy end user consumption
- NOTE: 2019.24.0 is the latest Update Set
Please run the SovLabs Installation Wizard to enable these new features
- Added Day2 "Change Lease" operation for Deployments
- Day2 "Change Lease" operation for VMs are available starting from 2019.22.0
- Added Day2 "Change Owner" operation for Deployments
CygwinSSH connection method for Microsoft AD, Microsoft DNS and Microsoft IPAM starting from 2019.14.0. See details here. Please open a ticket if using CygwinSSH with any of the SovLabs Microsoft modules.
Please open a ticket if you are using SovLabs Property Toolkit to generate vRA Properties for SovLabs modules AD, Ansible Tower, DRS, Satellite and/or Veeam using conditional logic and your vRA custom properties contain "tenantName_".
- Example vRA Custom Property with tenantName_.
- If tenant name is "prod", the vRA Custom property is "prod_osType"
- Example SovLabs Property Toolkit to create a vRA Property for SovLabs AD module with conditional logic
- Name: SovLabs_ADConfig
- Value: myADConfigurationLabel2
- SovLabs Manage Credentials vRA Catalog Item has fixed the issue where necessary fields were not showing for Type: Specific Host
- SovLabs logs for remoter are now logging to server.log
We strive to release monthly updates in addition to updating within 45 days of any major VMware vRealize Automation software update. For specific questions, please login and open a support ticket.
Also, if you are evaluating vRealize Automation v8.0, check out the recording and Q&A from our Dec 10 webinar: Top vRA8 Deployment Considerations.